Chart Width, height ??

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:49 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Hi,

I am using this API in the ASP .Net and is working very well, I can generate charts (gauge, pie and line) w/o any problem.

The unique issue that I have is that the charts are very very small, How can I set the width, height and other chart attributes in C# ?

I tried to find attributes to all controls but I was not successfull.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Sérgio Herculano

Remarks:

What I need to know is how to set the configuration options in .NET

Configuration Options

Name Type Default Description
greenFrom number none The lowest value for a range marked by a green color.
greenTo number none The highest value for a range marked by a green color.
height number Container's width Height of the chart in pixels.
majorTicks Array of strings none Labels for major tick marks. The number of labels define the number of major ticks in all gauges. The default is five major ticks, with the labels of the minimal and maximal gauge value.
max number 100 The maximal value of a gauge.
min number 0 The minimal value of a gauge.
minorTicks number 2 The number of minor tick section in each major tick section.
redFrom number none The lowest value for a range marked by a red color.
redTo number none The highest value for a range marked by a red color.
width number Container's width Width of the chart in pixels.
yellowFrom number none The lowest value for a range marked by a yellow color.
yellowTo number none The highest value for a range marked by a yellow color

Somebody has an idea how to setup it in ASP .NET

Feb 13, 2010 at 8:10 AM

i can modify control, no problem.

where you find this "Configuration Options"?

if it is from Google documentation, can you please give me link?

thanks.

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Hi,

yes this is in the documentation.

The best way to see every options is to go to the following link http://code.google.com/intl/pt-BR/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery.html , afer that you can choose one of the chart's available for instance Gauge http://code.google.com/intl/pt-BR/apis/visualization/documentation/gallery/gauge.html with this link you can test the code with several options and in the botton of the screen you can find the Configuration options.

Then problem that I could see is that every chart type has different configuration option (as expected) so to solve all of them is really a lot of work to do.

Regards

Sérgio

Feb 18, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Hi Sérgio, thanks for reply.

this options is ton of work.

do you have an idea how to do it fast and easy using for the end user?

Feb 11, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I have the same issue as originally posted and wondered if someone figured this out.

I am using c# as code behind in an ASPX SQL data driven website.  I want to render graphs based on database queries at runtime.  This works using the api for ASP.NET. 

The barchart allows isStacked as an option which is defaulted to false but I want to set it to true.  I can change the hight and width of the graph by using a style sheet and a reference to the style but I cannot set isStacked to True.

<gvapi:GoogleContainer ID="visBarChart" ClassName="visualizationA"  runat="server" />

.visualizationA
    {
    float: left;
    width: 300px;
    height: 300px;
    position: relative;
    overflow: hidden;
    isStacked: true;
    }

If I place IsStacked in the style sheet referecnce, Visual Studio underlines it as something that is not recognized by CSS (warning, not error) and it does not stack the bars in my graph.  That is to say, the option is not properly communicated to the renderer.

If I change the width and height pixel values in the style sheet, the chart changes size so this seems like the logical place to change the isStacked property.

Since the api for ASP.net does not use the draw method (maybe it uses it but it does not expose it to the user) , there is no specific place to change the options for the visualizations (that I can find) other than the style sheet, which is not working for me.

Using the api for ASP.NET and GoogleContainer references instead of draw() calls, how do you set the isStacked property?

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Hi.

First what i need to say is: this project is too old, so i do not support it long time.

Second: you have sources, so you can make fixes your self and then send it to me, then i share new version.

Regards, thanks.